Tate Exchange Planning Meeting at Tate Britain on Weds 1st March drop in anytime 11am to 2.30pm.
When: 01 March 2017
Time: 11:00 to 14.30 (drop-in on any of the session as you like)
Where: Meet in the Tate Taylor Digital Studio in the Tate Britain
Who: This drop-in is open to UAL staff, students and any external collaborators who would like to contribute to supporting related workshops & collaborative projects at the Tate Exchange events in March.
No specific format just drop in anytime 11:00 to 14.30
Things we need to cover include:
We have a much reduced space/footprint on 8th March so we need to generally downsize everyone’s project for the 8th March session, we have the full space on the 22 March so can increase ambitions then.
Plan for the 8th March we are sharing the space with one of the other TeX associates Peoples Bureau
so we have only half the space than normal but we are collaborating with the Peoples Bureau so will be doing this by working with them to 3D scan small objects they are making with the public, and making 3D prints or taking scans into VR (If you want to be part of this collaboration email firstname.lastname@example.org
asap or come on Weds to chat).
We all need to consider:
- AV (we have very limited AV so need to share & bring your own e.g loan store)
- Tables (we have very limited tables so noo to share)
- Any request for Tate support or interventions with the Collection or the gallery spaces (May be too late for the 8th but could plan for 22nd Feb)
- Any connections you can make with the Tate Collection
- Risk Assessments (attached, send to email@example.com)
- Ensure you have read the TEX Artists & Collaborators Brief & the Tate Safe Guarding
- Read/consider IMPORTANT SAFETY INFO
Arrival & Exit strategies:
Will you be bringing lots of kit along – getting in and out of Tate is proving our biggest challenge so we need to plan this carefully and the rule is take essentials only and have lots of hands to help carry things – have as much stuff in cases with wheels as possible as we have no trolley at Tate.
Extra event on the 9th March:
Also the day after on the 9th we have been invited to take part in the LCL Centre schools event at Tate exchange
to do some VR & Tech with the school teachers & Children. We can leave some kit overnight set up and then they will get us a Taxi back the next day. Again If you want to be part of this collaboration email firstname.lastname@example.org